3 Water Dispenser Maintenance Tips To KnowDecember 13, 2021
What are the water dispenser maintenance tips you should know?
- Clean the outside of the appliance
- Schedule a deep cleaning regularly
- Refer to the manufacturer’s manual
A water dispenser is a handy and convenient home appliance that can provide you with clean drinking water — whether you like it hot or cold — anytime you need it. Because of this, you need to make time to clean the device regularly. Unfortunately, many people have no idea on how to do this properly or worse, don’t know that they need to clean their appliance. To help you, here are some water dispenser maintenance tips. Keep on reading!
Clean The Outside Of The Appliance
Just like your other kitchen appliances, you also need to make time to wipe your water dispenser daily. This way, all the dust and contaminants that fell onto the device won’t accumulate.
No one wants to see a dirty water dispenser, especially if it’s used in common areas — such as a workplace’s cafeteria, a school canteen, or an eatery. Aside from that, a few minutes of daily cleaning can help you avoid hours of scrubbing in the future.
Cleaning the external surface of a water dispenser is easy. First, make sure to unplug it from the power outlet. All you need is a food-safe wet wipe to remove the dirt from the main unit. Take your time in wiping all the contaminants and make sure to target the hard-to-reach areas. Remember to get a new wipe to clean the tap.
After wiping the main unit down, all that’s left is to remove the water from the drip tray. Wipe it with a clean wet wipe or wash thoroughly with mild dishwashing soap. Aside from a wet wipe, you can also use diluted white vinegar in a spray bottle and clean microfiber cloth to wipe away the grime.
Schedule A Deep Cleaning Regularly
Aside from the external surface of the water dispenser, you also need to deep clean the internal parts. You can do this every few months or when the appliance hasn’t been used for some time. It’s best to do this when the water bottle is almost empty.
- First, you need to prepare the cleaning solution. You can either use unscented bleach or vinegar for this, but don’t mix both as this can be toxic. You can add 1 tablespoon of bleach to every gallon of water. If you’re using vinegar, you can use ⅓ gallon of vinegar for every gallon of water.
- Next, make sure that you disconnect the power cord of the water dispenser from the power outlet. Then remove the water bottle from the appliance.
- After that, you can remove the water guard or no-spill adapter from the water dispenser. Following this, you should also take out the baffle — which is the plastic or steel tube inside the reservoir. For some units, there may not be a baffle.
- If you have a hot and cold water dispenser, you will find two holes inside the appliance. The whole in the center, or the hot water hole, needs to be plugged, so you can prevent the water from tasting like the cleaning solution.
- Wipe the interior part of the reservoir using a lint-free cloth dipped into the cleaning solution. After that, fill the water dispenser with the cleaning solution and leave for about two to five minutes.
- When the time’s up, fill the reservoir with fresh bottled water and drain through the cold faucet. Do this three times to rinse the cleaning solution completely.
- Don’t forget to wipe the water guard and the baffle with the cleaning solution too. Make sure to avoid the air filter from getting wet. After a few minutes, rinse the parts with clean bottled water and allow them to dry.
- Remove the plug from the hot tank and replace the parts. Place a new bottle of water on the dispenser. After this, drain two to three cups from each faucet until you don’t detect an aftertaste.
Refer To The Manufacturer’s Manual
Remember that your water dispenser might be different from others. If you’re unsure whether you can clean your water dispenser with vinegar or bleach, you can always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for guidance. This will help you know which parts should be cleaned or not. By reading the manual, you will also get an idea of how to disassemble the device.
By following these water dispenser maintenance tips, you will always have access to clean drinking water anytime. A few minutes of daily wiping and having scheduled deep cleaning activities will not just help keep your appliance hygienic, but also ensure a long life for your device.
If you don’t have a water dispenser yet, you should consider purchasing the Fukuda FWD788L Hot and Normal Table Top Water Dispenser. For only 999 pesos, you can have access to clean drinking water anytime. This home appliance is the perfect size for homes and offices, but if you require a bigger one, you can also check out the FWD790ST Hot and Cold Stand Type Water Dispenser with Cabinet.