What are quick recipes you can make on the go?
- Orange and Banana Smoothie
- Tuna Sandwich
- Black Bean and Corn Salad in a Jar
Have you ever experienced having to rush to school or work and not being able to cook something for lunch? Don’t worry, you are not alone in this scenario. Waking up early and preparing for school and work is a challenge in itself during most mornings. Not being able to cook for your lunch during that time not only means you might have to spend money just to eat out, but it also means not being able to utilize some of your best kitchen appliances (available in the Philippines). Have no worry, because here are some quick recipes with simple ingredients that you can make if you’re in a hurry. These recipes can be done in under 30 minutes – which are best for busy people.
Orange and Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are easy to make drinks that can give you that energy boost in the morning. This combination of potassium and vitamin C also gives you some awesome health benefits as well. The best part is that you can do this the night before and keep it in the fridge.
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ cup sliced banana
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Mint Spring
- 2 ice cubes
- Combine the orange juice, banana, sugar, and almond extract.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until thick and smooth.
- Add the mint spring and store in a tumbler.
If you want a quick, healthy, and hefty sandwich recipe that you can do in a hurry, the tuna sandwich is the best choice. A combination of tuna, cheese, mayonnaise, and onions would give you a delicious spread that can last you for days, just as long as you keep it in the fridge. A can of tuna is enough to create a few days’ worth of sandwiches.
- 1 can of tuna
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium stalk celery
- Chop the onions to measure ¼ cup and celery to ½ cup.
- Mix the tuna, celery onion, mayonnaise, and the salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Spread the mixture on the sandwich slices.
- Optional: Place the tuna sandwich into the oven and heat for 3-5 minutes.
Black Bean and Corn Salad in a Jar
If you want a healthy lunch on the go, you can have a salad in a jar. The salad in a jar in a complete healthy mix of vegetables and fruits, that provide some good vitamins and minerals. The best part is that you can make a few jars of this, and store in your refrigerator the day before.
- 1 chopped red onion
- ¼ cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 1 quart of halved tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 peeled and chopped avocado
- 2 ounces of cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups of chopped lettuce
- Put the salsa in the bottom of the jar.
- Add the Greek yogurt next.
- Layer the rest of the ingredients, beginning with tomatoes and onions.
- Next, add the black beans, corn, avocado, and cheese.
- Top the salad with lettuce.
- Store the jar in the refrigerator to cool.
Being busy and on the go does not mean you should deny yourself in making some wonderful and delicious dishes. With these wonderful and simple recipes, you are guaranteed to have an enjoyable lunch made by yourself! If you are looking for the best stoves, blenders, and rice cookers on the market, you can check the kitchen products of Fukuda here.