DIY: Creamy Frappucino at Home with Your Kitchen AppliancesApril 23, 2019
What frappuccino recipes can you do at home?
- Cold Brew Frappuccino
- Cookies and Cream Frappuccino
- Apple Pie Frappuccino
- Leche Flan Frappuccino
- Skinny Pumpkin Spice Frappucino
This summer, use your kitchen appliances in the Philippines to make a nice, refreshing and creamy frappucino at home. It’s the perfect way to start a hot morning or relax on a scorching afternoon. The great thing about making your own frappucino at home is that you can substitute ingredients to fit your needs and diet plan. Here are five recipes you can try at home using home appliances in the Philippines that won’t break the bank.
Cold Brew Frappuccino
This frappe recipe is the one you need if you know it’s going to be a long day. The cold brew frappuccino is a recipe that’ll wake you up immediately after just a few sips. Warning: It might become your new morning habit.
- Almond milk/Soy milk/Full cream milk (can be frozen into ice cubes)
- Ground coffee
- Heavy cream
- Caramel sauce
- Whipped cream
- Freeze your milk into ice cubes. This helps in retaining the creaminess of your frappuccino without watering it down with ice.
- Prepare your cold brew coffee overnight. Take two cups of water and 5 tablespoons worth of ground coffee. Adjust the ratio accordingly depending on your preference. Mix the water and coffee together. Seal your mixture and leave it at room temperature or in the fridge for 20 hours or more. When it’s ready, use a coffee filter and pour the mixture into a separate container. Repeat until there are no coffee grounds left.
- You can opt for store-bought caramel sauce or make your own. If you plan to make your own, pour a cup of granulated sugar into your favorite saucepan and add just enough water to moisten the sugar. Set the heat to medium. Do not stir the mixture. Just let the sugar melt into a clear syrup. Once it turns into a golden honey color, add ¾ cup of heavy cream and turn off the heat. Add two tablespoons of butter and stir until smooth.
- Add your cold brew mixture and your cold or frozen milk.
- Blend the cold brew and milk until smooth. You may add the caramel sauce during the blending.
- Pour the mixture into a glass or mason jar.
- Finish with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Cookies and Cream Frappuccino
Indulge in this ice cream frappe recipe. If a milkshake and coffee had a child, it would be cookies and cream frappucino. Try out this recipe that uses everyone’s favorite ice cream flavor to make your morning cup of coffee more decadent.
- 1 cup of cookies and cream ice cream
- 1 cup of coffee
- 2 tablespoons of condensed milk
- Almond/soy/full cream milk
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Apple Pie Frappuccino
Apple pies are great as a snack or post-dinner dessert. It’s the taste of the fall season or the holidays. The succulent taste of apples and the kick of cinnamon is the right combination for warm days when you just want to hang back and relax.
- 1/2 cup of sliced apples
- ¼ heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons of caramel sauce
- ½ cup dark coffee
- Whipped cream
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon powder
- ½ tablespoon nutmeg powder
- ½ cup of ice
- Blend the apple slices and coffee until smooth.
- Toss the heavy cream and caramel sauce with the mixture and blend once more.
- Pour into a glass and add whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg and cinnamon powder to garnish.
Leche Flan Frappuccino
The caramel frappuccino is a classic for many coffee shops. Revamp this recipe by adding the creaminess of the leche flan into the mix. This recipe can quickly transform into an afternoon favorite. It’s also great to serve at parties or mixers.
- Fresh leche flan
- ⅓ cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup of brewed coffee
- 2 cups of ice
- Whipped cream
- 1 cup of almond/soy/full cream milk
- 1 tablespoon of condensed milk
- Blend the brewed coffee, ice, milk, and condensed milk.
- Pour into a glass and add whipped cream and leche flan on top.
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
Nothing beats the warm, familiar taste of a pumpkin spice latte. The iconic fall flavor is loved by many. Reduce the calories in this tasty treat with this skinny pumpkin spice latte recipe.
- Frozen pumpkin puree (¼ pumpkin puree, ½ cup soy/almond milk, 3 tablespoons agave syrup, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, ¼ ground nutmeg)
- 1 ½ cup of brewed coffee
- 1 and ¼ cup of almond/soy milk
- Low fat whipped cream
- Cinnamon stick
- Combine the ingredients for the pumpkin puree and then freeze it in an ice cube tray for later.
- Brew your coffee but cool it down afterward (hot coffee will melt the frozen puree).
- Combine the coffee, milk and frozen pumpkin puree in the blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick.
Make good use of your kitchen in the Philippines this summer. A good quality home appliance in the Philippines like your blender can take your recipes and meal preparations to a whole new level! Your morning coffee can become more exciting with these frappuccino recipes, so try them out today!