It’s safe to say that clothes iron is essential for ironing apparels. In fact, most individuals use it in order to look presentable in their school or workplace. After all, no one likes to go see their friends and/or co-workers wearing a shirt that is all wrinkled up.
Here are some suggestions:
Press Flowers to Preserve Them
Did you receive some nice flowers recently? You could easily preserve some of its petals, if you have become really fond of them, by following these steps:
- Place the flower petals between 2 pieces of wax paper.
- Press a heavy book (like a big dictionary) on top of them to flatten and hold them down.
- Once the petals are completely flattened, replace the book with your iron (tip: you might want to avoid using steam iron for this activity. Use a dry iron instead).
- Now, press the iron over the wax papers to seal the petals within them. This process should feel like you are laminating the petals.
- Place the finished product inside a frame to hang it on your wall.
Remove White Stains From Wooden Furniture
Have you ever placed a hot beverage on top of your wooden furniture? If your answer is yes, then most likely you are going to find that it leaves white stains on your table top. These marks are not actually permanent. You can remove them by following these simple instructions:
- First, put a thin towel over the white stains.
- Now, get your steam iron and set it on medium heat. Make sure its steam feature is on.
- Apply a slight pressure on the spot for about 15 seconds.
- Check whether the stains have been removed. If not, do the process once again until the marks disappear.
Get Wax Stains Off Tablecloths
Candles can be pretty useful on some occasions (e.g. brownouts, birthdays, and candlelit dinners). However, the stains their wax leaves on your tablecloth have no use whatsoever. It’s better to get rid of them by doing this procedure:
- Make sure the wax is completely dry before proceeding to the next step.
- Get a butter knife and try to scrape off as much wax as you can.
- Now, place a paper towel on the stained area.
- Turn on your iron to low heat and gently run the iron over the paper towel to remove the wax from the tablecloth.
Heat Your Meals Using An Iron
- Cover your food with tin foil.
- Plug your iron, turn it on, and set the setting to medium to high heat.
- Once your iron is hot enough, press it to one side of your food for approximately 10 seconds. Continue this process until all sides are covered and have been heated.
- Check if your food is warm enough for you. If you think it’s still pretty cold, do the process all over again.
Go ahead and try all these creative ideas. Just be sure to be safe whenever you’re trying some of them out by not leaving your clothes iron on and unattended!