Affordable kitchen appliances in the Philippines are more accessible than ever. Truly, looking for kitchen tools for your new home or apartment will certainly be a breeze since you can practically find them anywhere.
After purchasing the necessary appliances, it’s time to figure out when you will use them. What food can you cook and serve to your family using your new kitchen tools?
Here’s a suggestion: fried rice. There are various kinds of them that you can try out. In fact, here are three very easy and delicious recipes that you can make at home!
- 6 cups of water
- 3 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 diced celery
- 1 pound cooked salad shrimp
- 3 diced carrots
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- ¾ cup trimmed and halved snow peas
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- Boil water using a medium saucepan and then add white rice. Use low heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, just until the rice turns soft.
- Scramble the eggs with a tiny amount of sesame oil in a skillet. Turn off the heat once the eggs have been scrambled.
- Sauté celery and brown onion with what is left of the sesame oil in another skillet. Add green pepper, pea pods, red pepper, celery, onion, carrots, and shrimp. Then, put the white rice and eggs and stir it well. If you desire, you can add soy sauce too. Make sure to keep stirring until it is heated through.
Kimchi Fried Rice
- Vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped meat (chicken, pork, Spam, or beef)
- 3 cups cooked white short grain rice
- 3 finely sliced scallions (white ends and green parts separated)
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- Sesame seeds
- Use a wok or a large skillet to heat oil on medium to high heat. Cook the chopped meat and stir it occasionally for about two to three minutes.
- Put rice in a bowl and drizzle it with a small amount of vegetable oil. Afterwards, separate rice grains using your hands without breaking or smashing them.
- Cook the scallions in a pan until its fragrant fills the room. Add the kimchi and then stir it. Then, add the rice and toss it to coat the ingredients evenly. Cook the rice for about 10 minutes and toss the wok when needed.
- Drizzle some soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook it for about 5 minutes and –if you want – sprinkle soy sauce and sesame oil to the finished product.
- Fry both eggs in a separate pan to put on top of the kimchi fried rice. Afterwards, garnish it with sesame seeds and green onions.
Vegetable Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 1 finely chopped small onion
- 1 diced medium carrot
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- 2 minced medium cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Ground white pepper
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces frozen peas.
- Set the stove to high heat and pour ½ tbsp. of vegetable oil in a large wok until it is smoking. Stir and toss half of the rice until it is pale brown. Afterwards, put it aside into a medium bowl and repeat the procedure with the remaining rice.
- Place the rice to the side of the wok in order to leave space in the middle. Add ½ tbsp. of oil, as well as garlic, scallions, carrot, and onion. Then, stir and toss them with rice. Add sesame oil and soy sauce to the mixture. Toss to coat the rest of the ingredients. Use salt and white pepper to season the fried rice according to your taste.
- Push rice to the side again and add the remaining vegetable oil. Break the egg into the oil and put a dash of salt. Then, scramble the egg with a spatula and combine the rice with it.
- Add the peas then continue to stir and toss the rice until the frozen peas are thawed. Serve immediately.
You can try these different recipes and serve them to your family. It is a sure way for all of you to enjoy your new home.