The kitchen is regarded as one of the most important places in a family home because it is where people prepare one of their daily necessities: food. No matter where you are in the world, whether you’re in India or in the Philippines, the best kitchen appliances are the ones you always look for.
Many important appliances are found in the kitchen, and one of them is the blender. It’s one of the well-used appliances because of its simplicity and effectiveness; as the name suggests, it’s mostly used for blending food together.
But has it ever crossed your mind that you can use the blender in different ways other than it was intended for, which is mashing things together? Here’s a list of things you can try using your blender:
Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
Are you the type of person that wants their scrambled eggs as fluffy as it can be? That when you bite into it, you want it to be as if you are biting into a cloud? There’s actually a way to do it, and it’s by using your blender!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Melt a tablespoon of butter, crack 3 eggs, and put them into the blender.
- Blend them until the eggs inside increases in volume.
- Once you’re okay with the volume increase, you can pour the eggs into a pan over the fire and stir constantly. If the consistency is within your standards, you can garnish it with onion chives and voila! Extra fluffy eggs in just a few minutes.
Homemade Almond Milk
Milk is very much a staple inside the refrigerators of families across the world. Families rely on this drink to provide them a needed supplement—calcium—which their bodies need to remain strong and healthy. The kids are especially fond of them, drinking them during breakfasts and before bedtimes.
Fresh milk can be bought in various supermarkets; but, every once in a while, it can be pretty pricey particularly the special ones, like almond milk. Fortunately, you can make your own by using your own blender!
- Soak almonds in water for over 24 hours.
- Drain them until all the excess water is gone.
- After draining them, put the almonds in a blender then add 2 cups of water.
- Blend it in using the highest option for 2 minutes.
- Remove them from the blender then strain the blended nuts with a strainer and cheesecloth.
- When done straining, wring the cheesecloth while the residual nuts are still inside to get the maximum amount of milk.
- Add maple syrup to sweeten its flavor!
- When you’re done, make sure to refrigerate the milk because it will only last for a few days.
Instant Powdered Sugar
Powdered sugar is an essential ingredient to use when baking goods and treats. Without it, your dessert can taste pretty bland and uninteresting, which is why it can be really irritating to find out, you have run out of powdered sugar when baking your favorite treat. But don’t panic, because there’s another way you can get powdered sugar without leaving the comfort of your kitchen.
Just follow these instructions:
- Combine granulated sugar and a teaspoon of cornstarch in the blender.
- Turn your blender on and start blending them until they reach a powder-like consistency.
- Strain them over a container to get rid of lumps. And there you have it; you now have some instant powdered sugar!
Through human ingenuity and creativity, you can use ordinary household items—like the blender—to do something out of the ordinary!