What are the environmental benefits of using LED?
- They use less energy, compared to lights that use halogen and cathode ray tube TV sets.
- They do not contain hazardous materials that cause environmental and health hazards.
- They are health-friendly and do not cause ailments like headaches and eyestrain.
- They last longer and perform just as efficiently as devices and appliances that use traditional materials.
- Using LEDs reduce carbon emissions that affect the ozone layer.
As technology improves through the years, more companies are becoming more environmentally conscious. With that in mind, one of the most important innovations in technology is the LED lighting. Since its introduction, it has been used in various devices such as lighting fixtures, smartphones and tablets, and even the best LED TVs. These products have become sought after and popular, due to their performance and environmental benefits. Here are some of the environmental benefits that you can achieve when using LED.
You are using less energy
Despite how bright LED lights and screens may get, these devices use less energy compared to conventional lights and screens. To give you an idea, LED lights convert 95% of their energy into light, with the remaining 5% wasted as heat. For comparison 95% of energy produced by traditional lighting is heat.
Another comparison that could be made is the difference in wattage, which is highly significant. A standard halogen light bulb is 50W, while a LED light of the same size is only around 4.5W. Despite the difference in wattage, you are still getting the same performance, while using 80-90% less energy. If you think you are using too much electricity in your own home, using LED products would help cut these costs significantly.
They do not contain hazardous chemicals and materials
Incandescent and halogen lights, along with Cathode Ray Tube monitors, contain health and environment hazards. They contain chemicals like mercury and lead, which cause health risks like paralysis and various ailments in the nervous system. Most of these substances and materials tend to spread, especially during disposal. With these risks in mind, it is best to switch to using LEDs.
On the other hand, LED lighting and television sets do not contain these hazardous materials. This only goes to show that disposing it is safer. In addition, these materials can also be reused and recycled more efficiently as well.
They are health-friendly
Along with being environmentally friendly, LEDs are also good for your health. LED bulbs used in televisions and lightings are designed so that they do not flicker to prevent ailments such as insomnia, headaches, and eyestrain. By using LED lights, you are safe from these hazards and ensure that you are using materials that will not give your body some trouble.
They last longer
When using CRT monitors, halogen, and incandescent lighting, these tend to have a limited life and usage, and are more prone to breaking down and getting broken. By using devices and appliances that use LED lightings, you are ensured that you are using something that would last longer, which means you wouldn’t have to spend too much money for a replacement.
LEDs reduce carbon emissions
The usage of halogen lighting and CRT monitors does not only contain hazardous materials, but they also bring about carbon emissions that cause damage to the atmosphere. This damage can cause holes to appear in the planet’s ozone layer. Using LEDs help prevent these holes from appearing due to the fact that they do not emit anything harmful. In fact, should most of the world use LEDs, there is a big chance that carbon emission levels would be down to around 1 million tons in the next few years.
With the increasing abundance of LED products all over the world, it is with no doubt becoming one of the top choices when it comes to efficient and environmentally friendly products. By using LEDs, you are guaranteed that you are using reliable and long-lasting products that give you more benefits to enjoy.
Fukuda has a variety of quality LED TVs to choose from, along with kitchen and home entertainment products. You can take a look at these products by going to this page.